‘Ready for anything’ – ‘ad omnia paratus’ (prepared for all things)
At Burton Joyce Primary School we see the development of your child as a partnership between us, where we work and learn together so our pupils achieve personal greatness and are valued as an individual.
We aim to provide a wide range of learning experiences where children will gain a positive self-image to help them on their path as successful and happy, life long learners.
We want to inspire our children to fulfil their own potential in all areas of learning and of life. We will provide them with a safe, happy and nurturing environment where they feel motivated to develop a passion for learning; a love of discovery and be ready for anything. Above all children will be at the centre of all we do.
These aims outline how the school will set about achieving the above mission statement:
- We will prepare our children to be ‘ready for anything’, to take opportunities and meet any challenges that may come their way.
- We will show our children how to be happy, ambitious, enthusiastic and to 'have a go' without fear of failure.
- We will encourage our children to be proud of themselves, their school and community through nurturing and supportive partnerships.
- We will teach the children in our care to grow into confident and responsible citizens and to honour diversity.
- We will ensure we prepare our children for ‘global readiness’ through links, pathways and new ways of learning.
- We will provide our children with an environment and enriching curriculum that challenges and supports them as they work towards personal success.