Autumn Term Courses
THE ONE iPAD CLASSROOM
At Burton Joyce Primary School
Wednesday 7th November
- Are you working in a classroom with 1 iPad?
- Does your school have a small set of iPad devices?
- Is this your first time using iPad in the classroom?
This course is for teachers who have one (or few) iPad devices for use in the classroom or those who are new to using iPad and looking for a starting point. This practical workshop will introduce you to a range of free apps that are suitable for whole class use.
You will learn from us:
- How to create engaging digital content,
- How to create CCTV style footage videos to inspire reading and writing,
- How to make digital books for your class to read,
- How to use simple 'cause and effect' apps for class discussion,
- How to work with the iPad camera and image mark-up tools.
By attending this workshop, your class will be:
- Inspired to write after seeing imaginative scenarios played out over your imaginary 'CCTV',
- Engaged in reading from your own digital books, they will see you as an author,
- Discover elements of the coding curriculum through practical apps that respond to their voice, vibrations and movement,
- Motivated to learn English and Maths skills through class photography projects.
ipad network (Day 1 of 3)
At Edwinstowe House, Edwinstowe.
By attending this network you will:
- have a better understanding of what best practice with iPad and apps looks like;
- know how to manage iPad devices effectively;
- hear about new features for education in iOS updates, learn more about iPad curriculum resources and use the Apple Teacher professional development tool.
Now in its fifth year, the iPad Network will continue to develop the use of iPad devices in teaching and learning. This network not only shares best practice in the computing curriculum, it develops the use of iPad and apps across all subjects and key stages. The network is planned and delivered by Marc Faulder, an Apple Distinguished Educator and aims to ensure you make the most of your iPad devices in school.
Use iPad devices to support learning and teaching through:
- selection and deployment of apps;
- addressing technical issues related to iPad devices in the classroom;
- sharing good practice and networking with colleagues.
This is day one of a three day network. You will be charged for all three events. Please ensure you book the second and third days separately.
Delegates will need to bring a fully charged and updated iPad to each network and install the free iTunes U app.