PE & Sport Premium Funding
The Government will continue to provide sports funding to schools during this academic year to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding has now been confirmed to continue until 2020 and the amount received by schools has been doubled from September 2017. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is allocated to ALL primary schools. The money must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. To find out more about this funding please follow this link:
This year we received £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil, making a total of £9890.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E. and school sport, so that all children are physically literate. We want our children to have the knowledge and skills necessary to enable them to be lifelong participants in physical activity, thus enabling them to lead a healthy, active lifestyles.
In order to this we use the following improvement indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
For full details on how we are spending the funding see the attached development plan.
National Funding for Primary School PE and Sport- What is it?
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Burton Joyce Primary School will receive around £18,990
Creating a lasting legacy is at the forefront of our thinking